


It was a warm day on September 24, 2007. I woke up early, got ready and went to my parents house in petrolia. My mom and I were gonna go to butler for wall border and paint. When I got there my dad was sick so he stayed home from work. and she was putting togather seafood lasagna for dinner later. She was talking about her new edelbrock carborader she got for her corvette. That was her baby. After that we were on our way. She wanted me to guess who she talked to for like 2 hours on the phone the night before. I said who, and she said Dawn. that's my older sister. If you knew my mom she was not a big phone talker at all. just like me. She was really excited and surprised to talk to her that long. It was strange cuz we talked about stuff we never talked about before. like guys and weiner sizes. lol. Then she said she had a good life out of the blue. I thought then something is gonna happen. Why was she saying this stuff?.
We got to butler by then and went to Arbys to eat. when we got back to the house I had to go home and do a few things. A few hours had passed and she called me and said my brother had stopped over they went to kittanning and she got new seatcovers for her corvette.we hung up and then 10 minutes later my dad called and said she got the call. She got a call for a liver transplant.I did not know what to do. I wasn't sure to go or stay at home. As soon as I hung up oddly for no reason my best friend stopped in before she went to the store She never ever comes to my house unexpected. Strange. So I told her what was going on. She said get your ass over there right now. really pushy. So I got in my car and drove to petrolia and they were already gone. I called them on my cell and they said they would meet me in kittanning. Finally I got
there and rode with them to presby.
On the way there everyone said Please don't go through with it, We'll turn around right now. She was crying and said No ,I have too. She was so scared. When we got there she had to sign papers and she said "This is the last time I'll ever get to sign my name. I told her not to say that.
Then we got to her room and my sister & her husband had gotten there. The doctors were harvesting the blood in the donor liver. It was really late and the surgery was gonna be a while so we all rested. by day break the doctors were getting prepped and they wanted her toenail polish off so my sister and I done that. My mom was telling us a funny story laughing really hard. then shortly after they said "we are ready now". They weeled her to the hallway and we got to say our I love you's and we will be here when you wake up. I saw her big blue eyes filled with tears in them cuz I think she knew she wasnt going to wake up ever again.
Quickly they took her away. That moment I will never forget. That's the last time I saw her alive. I still see her plain as day and the pain through her eyes. She was so tough. It's so hard to write about this.
The doctors were going to take the donor liver and split it in 2. My mom and another lady was going to share the liver. about 3 hours into the surgery the docs came out for an update and said they got the liver in and it'll be another couple hours till she wakes.
We decided to go home and clean up and go straight back. I knew something bad had happened about 10 minutes after we left. but nobody called. joey dropped me off in kittanning to my car and they had to get gas. The phone rang at the gas station, the hospital called and said to go down right away.
I din't know till I was home. I told tim to lets go now and he hesitated and I said I was going without him and he knew I wasn't fucking around.
When we got there they said please go into this room. my dad, brother, sister and her husband was there Silent. I said whats going on? What happened? is she Okay? Just tell me what happened. still silent. my dad said afer a few seconds "she din't make it".I was numb and fell to the floor.crying Why, Why, Why. That's when a part of me died. Everything was over, gone, empty, lost.
She had died from her blood clotting to fast. They worked on her for 45 mins. then called the time. Right around the time I knew something bad had happened on the way home. I knew she had died cuz she let me know.
When I got home I fell asleep. in the morning I woke up at 9:00am and felt a very slow freezing cold breeze over my warm body under my covers from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head it was a very peaceful feeling I knew it was her telling me she's okay and not to worry. I've never felt that feeling again. It is just can't be described.
One month after she passed we all got togather and ate the last meal she ever prepared "The seafood lasagna". It was in the freezer not fridge by the way. It was so good. She could make shit taste good. I'll sure miss that. Well that's my story.



















Wow! I was just looking for something to read for a lift in spirits and I found this. Wow! The "Next blog" link brought me here. Your pain must be awful. Wow! Sorry. So sorry.
ReplyDeleteOMG, I would never wish for that on my worst enemy. I am so sorry, I don't know what I'd do if I lost my mum. Thank you for sharing a part of you that is so deep. You touched my heart.
ReplyDeleteI'm deeply sorry for your loss. Must be so very difficult to lose your Mom...I can't imagine. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteCindy