I just wanted to update my blogger and let everyone know I'm still breathing. I haven't been on here since Christmas time. Since then I've got some gray hair, a case of the shingles, Pulled out my first tick and had my first case of head lice that cost $125.00 to rid. Sounds fun, yeah I know. I never knew when I hit 30 everything would go down hill. There's a lot more that led to the gray hair and Shingles. It's called STRESS. I'll keep those issues private. Another reason for me not being on here is due to the fact that I'm ADDICTED to ANIMAL CROSSING CITY FOLK. That game is soooo very ADDICTING!! I ♥ it! I'll put a slide show of my town on here if anyone cares. Anyways gotta run and hopefully I'll get back into to my digi-scrap mood soon. Thanks for reading.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















OMGoodness, I did the lice thing last Thanksgiving, I thought I was going to go insane!! My sweet daughter got a cute little bob haircut to make things easier, in fact, that's how we found them - my SIL was getting ready to cut her hair and asked if I ever checked her (No, no notes ever came home from preschool). Anyway, I had her cut it shorter than normal. Then I bagged up EVERYTHING fuzzy that wasn't nailed down. "Sorry honey, your friends are going on vacation" that was really hard for me, but I am borderline OCD about these things! We did use chemicals the first couple of times, but after researching on the net I decided there's no way in heck I was going to put pesticides that close to her brain again. My chosen method of treatment will forever be slathering on mayonnaise - think conditioner - then wrapping the head in question with Saran Wrap. The mayo smothers the little buggers and the plastic wrap traps body heat, raising the temp, relatively small variances in temps kill them too. I think next time I will take a hair dryer to the plastic wrap just to further satisfy the OCD. I left it on for hours while she played and watched TV then washed it out with Dawn dish soap (greasy stuff you know!) Her hair was never so soft and managable! Of course I used the nit comb and went through it like the OTC treatments and vacuumed the crap out of everything frequently - that OCD thing again, I thought I was going to end up in the looney bin, and DH was no help. So much for our agreement years ago that he would be the one to handle the lice :P I never want to go through it again (can't tell you how many times I washed our coats and snow suits!! AAHHH!!!) but I feel I am better prepared for it and do not feel the need to use chemicals. Future Luck & Blessings! ~Angel
ReplyDelete