Monday, March 10, 2008

In memory of me-mee.

Memee is my moms mom. She had a butterfly garden I helped her plant every year. She was 83 when she passed and lived a good life. She was almost totally blind for longer than I can remember and lived by herself up until the last 2 years of her life. She and my mom both NEVER complained about anything. After my mom died I had to take care of her and loved listening to her stories. I could tell her anything, I mean ANYTHING! I miss her alot. She passed a year after my mom on March 14, 2003. So to mark her 5 year anniversary, I made a "Butterfly Garden" kit to share with you.


Me-mee's Butterfly Garden Kit Download HERE
Download the Papers HERE

Here is a closer look at some things.

17 comments:

  1. L♥ve 'IT! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful kit.. a very touching story u've told in ur blog today.. thanks for sharing such a beautiful kit and story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous kit, I love these beautiful colors, thank you so much for sharing.
    Il est magnifique, merci beaucoup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie ;) Wow, Memee sounds like a really cool Grandma... You are so lucky to have had that time with her. I am working on a butterfly garden myself since we have a local butterfly encounter and they give us free little plants ( for the butterflies )everytime we go. Thanks so much for the pretties... I can't wait till they download! Have a Great Week :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful kit to honor your grandmother! Ty so much for sharing. Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful kit and beautiful story!!! Thanks so much for sharing both (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful kit and tribute to both your grandmother and your mom. How you must miss them! Thank you so much for sharing thiskit and your precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely kit!
    I have never visited your blog before and I find it ironic that the 1st time I visit and find this lovely tirbute to your Me-mee, is the anniversay of my own beloved grandma passing away 11 years ago today. I miss her so much and my grandma loved butterflies too so this kit will always have a very special meaning for me! Thank you so much for your generosity and sharing this wonderful kit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing both the story of your Memee and your creative abilities with this kit. How very generous of you! Butterflies are special to me for similar reasons to you. I lost my mom the day after mother's day 2002 and my oldest son (he was 13) 16 mos later in September 2003. Ever since, the butterfly has come to symbolize for me the "spirits" of my loved ones lost and I feel very honored when they come to visit me. Thanks again, I will scrap pages of my mom and son with this kit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing this beautiful kit and the loving memories of your gran.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! You're GOOOD! Thanks so much for all your gorgeous freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I downloaded this whole kit thanks so much!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing a part of you and your grandmothers' life with me. I, too, lost my mom and my grandmother in the last few short years. Thanks again, and when I use this kit, I will think of you and your grandmother working in the garden.. laughing, your grandma giving loving advice, you sharing your thoughts. Oh how I miss my mom and gramma

    ReplyDelete